Florida Keys Wedding Requirements
Marriage Certificate & Licensing Information for the State of Florida
Marriage Requirements for the State of Florida
- Wedding licenses are available to both Florida Residents and non-residents.
- Licenses are valid for 60 days and issued immediately.
- Photo ID is required (valid Drivers’ License or Passport).
- No blood test is required.
- A three day waiting period or 4 hours of premarital counseling is mandatory for Florida Residents only.
Out of State Residents
Out of State and International Visitors
- There is No waiting period
- You must both attend in person and present photo ID (passport is acceptable).
- You are responsible for presenting the license to the ceremony officiant before the ceremony begins.
- If one of you is a Florida Resident, consider enhancing your marriage by registering for a premarital counseling course (4 hours) which will also save you $32.50 on the cost of your license.
If either applicant has been previously married, the exact date of the last divorce, annulment, or death must be provided. Although not necessary, You should bring a copy of your divorce decree with you at the time of your application.
A marriage license costs $93.50. The exception is if both parties are Florida Residents, and have both provided proof of a premarital class cost. Then the price is $61.